Firetail by Posi-Lūm
FireTail is an advanced weapon light activation device that enhances the ergonomics by changing the direction of pressure to activate your light. By attaching a FireTail to the tailcap of a 1″ diameter tactical flashlight, you gain the ability to activate your flashlight with a less awkward, more ergonomic lateral squeeze motion. Laterally applied pressure (squeezing) is a more intuitive, natural motion for support-hand activation. FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED.
The FireTail was designed and manufactured around SIMPLICITY. We believe a device designed to help keep you alive should be reliable, rugged and simple. The light you pair your FireTail with should share these same qualities.
Firetail Compatibility (click to view)
Our top picks for FireTail compatibility are:
- Protac HL-X
- Surefire G2X Tactical (“twist-cap on” works great with the FireTail)
- Surefire 6PX
- Fenix PD-35
- ThruNite TN12
These are just a few of our favorites, but most lights will be FireTail compatible with a few exceptions.
- The tail-cap of your light must have a diameter of one inch.
- The tail-cap cannot be tapered. It must have a consistent diameter front to back.
- The tail-cap button must protrude out far enough for the FireTail to make contact with the tail-cap button. Some lights have very tall scallops surrounding the button, which make it impossible for the FireTail to interface with the tail-cap button correctly.
Serial Number:Add to Cart
Step 1: Unload Firearm
- If installing on a firearm, make sure it is unloaded and no ammunition present.
- Otherwise, remove your flashlight from your firearm.
Step 2: Position FireTail and Clamp
- Loosen the installation nut on the FireTail and slide it onto the tailcap.
- Position the FireTail where it’s paddle hammer makes slight contact with the tailcap’s button (without activating the light).
- When you have the FireTail installed in the optimal position, tighten the allen headscrew to secure the FireTail.
- Complete – now go cast some light!